Learn how to set up your email account on the mail app that comes preinstalled on your Android device. Then you can send and receive emails from your phone.
The steps to set up email on your Android device may vary depending on the make, model and your network provider.
You will need to know your server name, username (email address), and password to complete the following steps.
- Open your email application.
- If you already have an email account set up, press Menu and tap Accounts.
- Press Menu again and tap Add account.
- Type your Email address and Password, and click Next.
- Tap IMAP.
- Enter these settings for the incoming server:
- Username - Enter your full email address.
- Password - Enter your email account password.
- IMAP server - Enter your incoming server.
- Port - 993
- Enter these settings for the outgoing server:
- SMTP server - Enter your outgoing server.
- Port - 465
- Select Require sign-in and make sure your Username (your full email address) and Password are correct.
- Tap Next.
- Tap Next again. Then name your account and enter the name you want to display on outgoing messages.
- Tap Done.
- That's it. Send yourself a test email from your webmail, to make sure you can receive mail on your Android. Reply to that message, to make sure your outgoing server works.